Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rowl's debut

Here he is, everyone.  Ready for the presses, I hope.This is the result of a lot of back and forth input until you finally come to enough of a consensus that everyone can live with it.  One more hurdle jumped over to reach the completion of the event. And one to go(money, but isn't it always?), but we'll get there, I know.

So today was one of those days I was talking about yesterday.  Putting the balance into my life.  I spent a delightful day with friends, exploring new territory for me.  The Villages.  Everyone, who watches national TV anyway, has heard of the Villages.  For me, it was like walking onto a movie set where the director said,'READY ON THE SET, ACTION!" Surreal. 

When you come from an old western Montana town and you live in an old FloridaCracker town, both with all the original character put there from years of weathering life, walking into a town trying hard to look the part, is unreal.  A town needs to walk the walk before it has a right to try to look the look, I'd say. It just seems they didn't earn the right to have that look, which made it look strange to me.

You could tell, though, that the people living there find this all quite natural, as they zoom around in their golf carts down the roads.  And speaking of golf carts, they had the fanciest carts I have ever seen, as if they represent a symbol of their competition with each other.
 I

I told Nancy that I couldn't wait to see their thrift shops, as I knew they would have all the big brand names in them  Her reply was,"They don't have thrift shops".  What was I thinking, anyway?  I really can't imagine any of these people caught dead in one!  Guess I don't belong in the Villages.

1 comment: