Monday, February 6, 2012

IThe game

Michael and I watched the Super Bowl last night.  I know, probably 90% of the nation was watching, but I am usually one of the %10.  I hear so much about the commercials afterwards that I figured it is time I get in the loop so I know what they are talking about.  We did miss the National Anthem, though, that I read was done well.   Darn!

I noticed on the trail this morning that many of the walkers were pretty subdued.  I figure those are the people from New England.  Those who seemed a little more buoyant in their step must have been the New York fans. Most everyone here is either from New England or further north yet. I was a Patriot's fan because of my dad, who was from Massachusetts before he came out to Montana at 30 years of age, fresh out of seminary.  That seemed as good a reason as any, I figured.

Michael was good about explaining things to me without making me feel dumb. Of course, I don't know all the ins and outs of the game since I never watch it otherwise. We all have things we enjoy and things we could do without.  And televised sports are things I can do without.  That may seem like a sacrilege to many people, but there are some of us like me out there.

But then, not everyone thinks the things I enjoy are anything to get excited about either. So tit for tat.

I just heard that my idea for a Relay for Life fund raiser has been approved.  My Big Burger Bash Festival is a go. This is a project that will be good for, not only Relay for Life and St. James' Church, but for the town of Lewistown, too.  More on that later as plans develop.

It's tea time and my tea and oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies are waiting.  Then, I'll write my next article for the Lewistown paper.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to getting to the pottery wheel to build up my inventory for my "show".

    ReplyDelete